Updated May 21, 2018
- The information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we may share or disclose your personal information
- Collection of information by third-party sites and sponsors
- How we secure and store your information
- Use of our online forums and public services
- What choices do we give you, and how you can correct, review or request deletion of your personal information
The Information We Collect
B2W collects certain personal information when you register with B2W, request information or use B2W products or services. In registering with B2W or requesting information, you may provide us with a password, your name, industry, organization name, job role and contact information, such as email address, phone number and shipping address. We may also collect your product registration information, product interest information, transaction information or demographic information. We may collect payment information such as your credit card number and billing address if you purchase or license products and services from us. If you connect with B2W accounts on third-party social networking sites, we may also collect information about your social networking accounts, for example, your name, username or handle, public profile, and email address. We may also combine information you provide with data we collect automatically (as further described below) and with data we receive from third parties.
Whenever you visit the B2W website, B2W also receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, browser type and language, your Internet Protocol (IP) address and geographic areas derived from your IP address, B2W cookie information, file information, time stamped logs regarding access times and duration of visits, the websites you visited before coming to B2W websites and other usage data relating to your activities on our Sites, including the pages you request.
When you use our mobile apps, we also automatically collect information about your device and about your usage of and activity on our mobile apps. For example, we collect your device’s mobile operating system type and version, browser type, device type, geolocation data, Wi-Fi networking connection data, Internet Protocol (IP) address, device identifiers, time-stamped logs regarding access times and duration of visits and other information.
Certain third parties, including analytics companies, advertisers, and ad networks, may also automatically collect information about you through our Sites, using cookies, Web beacons and device identifiers, including personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, online channels and applications when you use our Sites
How We Use Your Personal Information
- Provide and deliver products or services you’ve requested, including software updates;
- Operate and improve our internal operations, systems, products and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Send you service-related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you and your referrals about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by B2W and our selected partners;
- Link or combine information about you with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalized service;
- Enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners or users;
- Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
How We May Share or Disclose Your Personal Information
B2W does not rent, sell, or share PII about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies, except under the following circumstances:
- When we have your permission including when you choose to share information using B2W Public or post to our
- We may provide PII to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with B2W to provide us with services. For example, these companies may use your PII to help B2W communicate with you about offers from B2W and our marketing partners. B2W maintains contracts with these companies restricting their access, use, and disclosure of personal data in compliance with this Policy and B2W may be liable if they fail to meet those obligations and we are responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
- We may share some or all of your information with our current or future “affiliates” (which means a parent company, any subsidiaries, joint ventures or other companies under common control), in which case we will require our affiliates to honor this Privacy
- We may disclose PII to comply with laws or in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose PII in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with or take action regarding: illegal or suspected illegal activities; suspected fraud; situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; protection of the rights and property of B2W, our agents, customers or others; or violations or suspected violations of our agreements, policies, Terms of Service or End User License Agreements (EULA); or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements. We reserve the right to transfer or disclose PII in our system in connection with or during the negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or other proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or assignment of all or a portion of our business or assets to a different
- Finally, we may also share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information about you, including demographic data, with others for a variety of purposes, including for their own uses, for example, for improving their products and services.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites and Sponsors
Our Site contains third-party sites linked from our Site to other Web sites, including those of our partners and sponsors, whose information practices may be different from ours. Sometimes these third-party websites might conduct contests or sweepstakes and other activities that are promoted on our Site and visitors are directed away from our Site in order to participate in such activities.
You may also connect to third-party services to share your information on and through their social media platforms, websites, applications and services through “plug-ins,” widgets, buttons and other third-party features on and connected with our Sites.
How We Secure and Store Your Information
We have put in place reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures in an effort to help safeguard the information we collect through our Sites.
However, you should know that no company, including B2W, can fully eliminate security risks associated with PII. To help protect yourself, please use a strong password, do not use the same passwords to access your B2W accounts that you use with other accounts or services, and protect your usernames and passwords to help prevent others from accessing your accounts and services.
Use of Our Online Forums and Public Services
We offer you the ability to post information and exchange ideas through our B2W Community Portal. We may also offer ways to share through independent third-party sites, plug-ins, and online services. We are not responsible for the activities of these third parties. We encourage you to review their privacy policies to understand how they use your information. Because your posts and information shared through B2W Community Portal are public and can be seen by others, we caution all users to consider what they post and share online and not to disclose any PII as part of their posts, even if requested to do so by other posters. B2W will not be responsible in the event that you disclose PII in your posts, through our public services or during any other communication with other site users.
What Choices Do We Give You and How Can You Correct or Review Your Personal Information
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out” of receiving further marketing emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you, and, as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys.
Upon request, we will provide an individual with access to identifying information that we have collected about them (provided that they have given adequate proof of identity). We also offer individuals the ability to have inaccuracies corrected within their contact information. You may also request deletion of your PII. We will honor requests as required by law and subject to our business and legal needs to retain your data. These information requests can be made by sending us an email through the B2W Community Portal, or in writing to B2W Software, 99 Bow Street, Portsmouth, NH 03801: Attn: Legal Department.