Technical Support Engineer
Headquartered in downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire on Martingale Wharf, B2W Software is a premier provider of enterprise-class construction software, services, and solutions that is redefining the future for streamlined operations. B2W Software solutions effectively leverage the latest technologies into a unified system approach for estimating and bidding, field tracking and analysis, resource planning and dispatching, and asset maintenance.
We are looking for motivated team members with a passion for creating software that excels at solving users business problems, the initiative to drive continuous improvement in our products, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and get things done.
We are seeking a highly competent individual to join us as a Technical Support Engineer. Your office hours will consist mainly of providing phone, e-mail, and Internet-based support of our Windows-based software products. You’ll work with clients of all ability levels, solving technical problems and answering questions on how to use the software. The ideal candidate will have exceptional presentation and problem-solving skills, a strong phone presence, poise in challenging situations, and the energy and ambition to take ownership of each and every customer interaction.
- Compiling customer feedback to help shape future development plans
- Actively contributing to the development of knowledge base articles and other internal documentation
- Performing quality-assurance duties for new releases
- Carrying a pager on a rotating basis to assist clients after-hours
- Assisting in-house employees with technical issues
- College degree in a field suitable to the role
- Solid knowledge of relational database concepts
- Telephone support experience and/or a background in technical training
- Expertise with Microsoft desktop and server operating systems, including experience with Microsoft networking
- Excellent verbal, written, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of personalities both inside and outside of the company
- Ability to understand customer concerns, to take ownership of those concerns, and to do whatever it takes to resolve those concerns