The 2018 B2W Client Awards were presented at the annual User Conference in Boca Raton, Florida from March 25-27, and American Asphalt Company and Alvin J. Coleman & Son walked away with the trophies.
American Asphalt of New Jersey was cited for Best Use of the B2W ONE Platform. The award for Best ROI with a single B2W Element went to Alvin J. Coleman & Son, a contractor based in New Hampshire, for its achievements with B2W Track.
A panel of construction industry experts selected the winners based on applications submitted by the contractors to highlighted measured ROI and improvements to operational efficiency.
American Asphalt uses the B2W Estimate, Schedule, Track and Inform solutions. Key achievements cited in the award application included:
- Centralized scheduling and dispatching, and consolidation from six systems to two
- Faster reaction in the field through performance insight in hours, rather than days or weeks
- Immediate, valid feedback from the field to inform future estimates
- A unique performance evaluation program utilizing B2W Track and Inform
Alvin J. Coleman & Son implemented B2W Track after using B2W Estimate for many years. By eliminating hand-written field data and manual data transfer, the company was able to:
- Improve field productivity through daily performance tracking and reporting
- Re-assign ½ of the payroll staff to more productive back-office roles
- Recover 3-5% of labor costs from improperly entered labor time
Along with American Asphalt and Alvin J. Coleman & Son, the finalists for the 2018 B2W Client Awards recognized at the User Conference included EPCOR Utilities of Alberta, Canada, P.J. Albert Paving and Excavating of Massachusetts, Bothar Construction of New York, Gonzalez and Sons of Florida and W.L. French Excavating of Massachusetts.
PHOTO: B2W Software founder and CEO Paul McKeon (right) presents the 2018 Client Award for Best Use of the B2W One Platform to Kevin Lenover, vice president of construction at American Asphalt Company during the annual B2W User Conference in March.